11.19.2004

Toenail Status Report #6: FINAL

The great day has arrived! At 12:38 AM this morning, the toenail was separated from the toe. Throughout the previous evening the nail felt very loose, almost floppy, but I didn't give it much thought as I had almost given up on losing the nail. But an early morning inspection revealed the toenail had only the slightest hold on the tip of the toe. As I had predicted, it pulled away from the left side of the toe, as if hinged like a book. The toe underneath is nothing like I expected. It is not red or raw; rather, there remains a semi-hard layer of nail-like 'skin' up to the toe-tip. This is dry and crusty. At the base of the toe a strange and uneven new nail is beginning its slow march to the top. I embark on this new phase with great eagerness. I have before me the wondrous process of regeneration!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home